Marijuana – Is Canada Ready?
As the legalization of cannabis inches closer to becoming a reality in Canada, questions abound.
We encourage you to listen to this discussion at Dalhousie University held on October 3 at the McInnes Room of the Dalhousie Student Union Building, in the city of Halifax in the province of Nova Scotia.
In this session, the panel cover the legalization of marijuana in Canada and a look at some of the complex issues legalization raises, followed by a public Q&A session.
• The Honourable Anne McLellan, Chair, Canada’s Task Force on Cannabis Legalization and Regulation, Dalhousie University Chancellor, and former Deputy Prime Minister of Canada
• The Honourable Darrell Dexter, Vice Chair, Global Public Affairs, and former Premier of Nova Scotia
• Professor Sylvain Charlebois, Dean, Faculty of Management and
Professor, Faculty of Agriculture, Dalhousie University
• Professor Eileen Denovan-Wright, Department of Pharmacology, Dalhousie University
• Professor Archie Kaiser, Professor, Schulich School of Law and Department of Psychiatry, Dalhousie University
• Professor Melanie E.M. Kelly, Departments of Pharmacology and Ophthalmology, Anesthesia, Pain Management and Perioperative Medicine, Dalhousie University
• Professor Camille Cameron, Dean, Schulich School of Law, Dalhousie University, moderator
Offered in partnership with: the Schulich School of Law, Genome Atlantic, Dalhousie’s Faculty of Management, and Dalhousie’s Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences.
Held Tuesday, 3 October 2017 in the McInnes Room, Dalhousie Student Union Building, Halifax, Nova Scotia
Video Courtesy of: Schulich Law